Continued Education Credits

Tax Industry Education

To Get Started

  • You MUST have a PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) – Apply for yours here. This has to be renewed each year by December 31st.
  • You will also need an EFIN (Electronic Filing Identification Number) if you are the owner of the office. Click here to apply for your EFIN. The EFIN does not have to be renewed each year. One EFIN is assigned per office and must be used at that office.
  • You have to follow Publication 1345 – Obtain your copy here.
  • You have to follow Circular 230, this applies to all persons preparing tax returns. Obtain your copy here.
  • As a tax return preparer, there are federal mandates that say you must e-file all returns if you prepare and file more than 10 returns per year. See the IRS information here.
  • The IRS has implemented the Voluntary Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP). This new program aims to recognize the efforts of non-credentialed return preparers who aspire to a higher level of professionalism. They will do this by meeting the requirements of 18 hours of CE credits each year to participate in this program. More information can be found by clicking here.

Do you need your CE Credits?

Are you in need of your CE Credits for this season as well as future years? We have partnered with an Industry leading provider of affordable continuing education for tax professionals.

CE Credits Information

UltimateTax CE Credits
UltimateTax has teamed up with APlusCPE to provide continuing education for tax practitioners at every level. If you prefer an online course with availability at your convenience, then our solution is right for you.

Some of the benefits you will enjoy:

  • Instant Purchase & Use
  • State Requirement Purchasing
  • AFSP Courses
  • Learn At Your Own Pace
  • Great Pricing, 2 Hours for Just $9.95
  • Great Packages to Make The Selection Easy
  • Pick The Courses That Interest You

With Courses At Your Convenience You Can Get Them Anytime.

Topics Cover Areas in Accounting, Tax, Auditing, Ethics and Management.

UltimateTax Price Tag

If You Prepare Returns, You Need Continuing Education.

(We Ask that you continue to use the UltimateTax link to the courses.)